Date/Time 21 March 2022 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pmCost
As part of a campaign run by Bradford for Everyone, Community Action is running some training for voluntary sector organisations on critical thinking.
The “Make Sure it Adds up Campaign” is designed to get Bradford to stop, think and consider before sharing uncertain information. Critical thinking might be described as the ability to reflect and think independently. When we think critically we are able to safely and respectfully question ideas and assumptions rather than simply accepting them. Developing this skill can be important in reducing the spread of rumours and conspiracy theories, which can be so damaging to our communities and amongst the people we work with.
This online course is designed to:
- Introduce you to the topic of thinking critically
- Explore critical thinking as an alternative to myth-busting
- Understand why it is important and relevant to you as a voluntary sector organisation
- Introduce you to new tools and resources that have been devised
- Discuss how you can use these tools in your organisation (staff, volunteers and the young people and/or adults you work with)
These courses are free but we will be asking participants to complete a Bradford for Everyone participant form and complete a post-event evaluation survey.
Please register and we’ll email you the zoom meeting link and password the day before the meeting (check your junk mail folder, if you don’t receive it email firstname.lastname@example.org).Register Now