Young Lives Bradford
Young Lives Bradford is a network of over 300 voluntary sector organisations working with children and young people. We work together to make a difference for children and families in Bradford and District.
We are a network of local voluntary and community sector organisations. Our members work with children and young people. We co-ordinate inform and represent these organisations. As a result, our role is recognised by Bradford Council’s children’s services department and by the Bradford Partnership. Together, we support the delivery of crucial services to our valued young people.
What we do.
- Share relevant, up-to-date information on issues about children and young people’s services through our newsletter, Briefing Bradford.
- Promote the sector and the fantastic work it does
- Work with the council and health partners to change how services work
- Shape key decisions being made locally.
- Provide advice and guidance on a wide range of issues. For example, we run training for staff and share resources on safeguarding children and young people.
- Run events and network forums on varied topics such as funding, safeguarding and local issues.
How we do it.
- We engage with a diverse range of organisations. In particular, we support them to work together and learn from each other. Equally, we share useful information in a way that helps them with their work.
- Our representatives influence the people and organisations that make decisions and provide services for children and young people. We share the experience and knowledge of voluntary sector organisations. As a result, changes are made to decisions and the way things are run.
- Our team develops relevant resources and learning opportunities for individuals and organisations within the voluntary and community sector.
If you need help with running an organisation that works with children and young people, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we are happy to answer any questions.
Join the Young Lives Bradford Network
If you are a not-for-profit organisation providing services to children or families in Bradford, you can join our network. You will be joining a network of 300 voluntary groups on a mission to improve the lives of young people. Membership is free, simply register your group in our directory, DIVA, and follow us on Twitter.