Who are we?
Community Action Bradford & District is a support hub offering crucial services to voluntary sector organisations. We have a long history dedicated to the development of community groups across the region, and we believe that we are truly in, of, and for the community.
People are at the heart of what we do, and we strive to empower them by listening—really listening—to what they have to say. This is our foundational value, and by keeping one foot firmly rooted here, we ensure that we grow sustainably and responsibly, with the best interest of our community in mind.
Just like the groups, neighbourhoods and families we represent, the voluntary sector is constantly evolving. As a nimble organisation, we are equipped to change with the times, so you can be sure you are receiving the most up-to-date advice and information.
What we do?
We provide a variety of services to support, develop, enable, represent and inform our community. These include the following:
- Operational support to help you set up and sustain your voluntary group
- Resources to find and apply for funding
- An easy-to-use payroll and accounts service
- The DIVA Bradford directory of local charities
- A breadth of online and in-person training opportunities
- Professional marketing and communications support
- Community engagement projects
- Briefing Bradford newsletter
Where we do it?
Community Action operates four main offices, out of which we conduct all of our business and provide our extensive range of services for the community.
- Cardigan House, Bingley
- Perkin House, Bradford
- Central Hall, Keighley
- Riddings Hall, Ilkley
Take a look at our office locator for full information on where to find us.
To learn more about what we do, or find other charities in the area, download our brochure.